Call for Volunteers
If you would like to be a volunteer and help us keep the traditions thriving in Winnipeg, please review the volunteer opportunities below and email to discuss how you can help the Games. We need and appreciate volunteers, please come out and help.
The following are only some examples of the volunteer opportunities available for the Winnipeg Scottish Festival:
Days Before and After the Festival
- Site Set Up and Site Take Down - Physical work; set up and take down the Festival site.
- Site Maintenance - Distribute garbage cans and bags, and recycling bins throughout the site before the site before and after the Festival. Access to a truck would be beneficial.
- Parking Set Up and Take Down - Set up and take down.
- Signs - Both on and off site - Erect and take down signs. Access to a truck or van an asset.
- Decorating - Decorate a variety of venues at the Gathering. Must be creative and coordinated.
- Poster Distribution - Distribute posters to in Winnipeg and other regional communities during April.
During the Festival
- Steward - We use stewarts to usher individuals to their particular competition location. You would be required to usher solo pipers or drummers in the morning and full bands in the afternoon.
- Timer - In the afternoon, each band performance must be timed to ensure they are not under or over their required play time.
- Scorer - All of the judges results must be added up at the end of each contest so that the winners can be recognized.
- 50/50 Ticket Sales - Must be at least age 19, able to stand and have good customer service skills and enjoy people.
- Scottish Auction Ticket Sales – Sell auction tickets to guests and watch over all prizes.
- Set-up & Take Down - Looking for people to quickly setup tents, displays, banners and prizes. Morning and afternoon required.
- Site Management - Maintain equipment during the Festival, look after any mechanical problems. Would be a good position for someone who enjoys physical labour and being “out and about”.
- Sponsor Relations Support - Work with the Festival’s Sponsor Manager to put up signage recognizing sponsors and to help sponsors set up booths and displays.
- Registration Booth - We are looking for people who are able to greet and register all of the competitors
- Program distribution and Information Greeter – Pass out programs to people entering the Games, and provide comprehensive Festival information to visitors. Strong communication
- Children’s Activity Area - Assist the children in playing games and to complete crafts.
Thank you for considering volunteering for the Games.
Your help in organizing the Games would be very welcome.
Want to Volunteer for this event, please contact: