2018 Location – Canad Inns | Polo Park – Winnipeg
- Location: Canad Inns | Polo Park – Winnipeg (directions)
- Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Registration: Available on Eventry.net
- 2018 Solo Order of Play
Catch the afternoon pipe band competition. Bands will compete in various events to see who will be victorious. Expect to see some very innovative and musical performances.
The Pipe Band contest is one of the larger attractions at this year’s games. Over 15 bands attend regularly from all areas of the province as well as from outside Manitoba. The contest itself is adjudicated by world-class judges in attendance from all over the world. There are four levels of competition that bands can compete in at the games— Grade Two, Grade Three, Grade Four and Grade Five. Grade Two is the highest level of competition at the games. Be sure to attend the closing ceremonies at 5:00 PM where the winners of the pipe band events will be announced.
Throughout the morning, over 220 individual pipers and drummers will compete in solo competitions. Competitors will play various pieces of music ranging from marches, strathspeys and reels, to the classical music for the bagpipes— Piobaireachd (pee-ba-rock).
|Grade / Selection||1st||2nd||3rd|
|Grade Five March Selection||$200||$150||$100|
|Grade Four March Selection||$250||$150||$100|
|Grade Four Medley||$250||$150||$100|
|Grade Three M/S/R||$350||$200||$150|
|Grade Three Medley||$350||$200||$150|
|Grade Two M/S/R||$500||$300||$200|
|Grade Two Medley||$500||$300||$200|
General & Pipe Band
- Competition held Under Prairie Pipe Band Association of Manitoba Inc rules.
- Fees may be paid online by credit card or by sending a cheque. A competitor is not considered registered until their payment is received. Cheques are payable to the Winnipeg Scottish Festival.
- Refunds for solo events with a medical certificate only.
- Competitor numbers will be picked up on the day of the event. You will be sent a confirmation email once your registration has been received and you have been successfully registered.
- First to enter last to play. Field entries will not be accepted.
- Local Competitors must possess a PPBAM 2017 grading card to be presented upon request. Competitors must enter the grade of their home association. Solo competitors may play up provided they enter and play in all events in their grade. All competitors not registered with PPBAM must include a copy of their membership from their home association with their entry form.
- Bands must be registered with their local piping & drumming association. An association band roster must accompany all band entries.
- Any competitor not ready to perform at their scheduled time may be disqualified.
- Awards: Up to 7 competitors in any one class – 3 awards; 8-9 competitors – 4 awards; 10-11 competitors – 5 awards; 12 or more -6 awards
- All tunes must be a minimum of 4 parts unless specified otherwise.
- The organizers reserve the right to use their best judgment to add, remove or combine events from the schedule, and to make other changes that are in the best interest of conducting the competition.
- Draw for order of play will be made in advance by representatives of the organization committee and PPBAM.
- All bands must participate in massed band to be eligible to receive prize money.
- Decisions by judges on performances are final.
- No outside alcohol is allowed in the convention center. Breach of this law will result in disqualification.
- To be eligible for aggregate awards, competitors must compete in each related solo event.
For Piping|Drumming Information, please contact:
Cheques for Entries can be sent to:
30 Calder Bay
Post-mark Deadline is February 18, 2018